Sunday, March 05, 2006

Demonstrating a point ...

... made in a post earlier today, Dave Lull yesterday sent me some links to articles by William Johnston, S.J., author of Mystical Theology: The Science of Love and Christian Zen, among many other books. Here are the links:
We need a revolution
Break the chains and pray together
The path from hate to Love
Endo and Johnston talk of Buddhism and Christianity. (novelist Shusaku Endo, Jesuit theologian William Johnston) (Interview)

I shall have to read Shusaku Endo.

I interviewed William Johnston by phone some years ago. After I hung uo the receiver I had an uncanny sense that I had just been talking to a genuinely good man. Another good man, also a Catholic priest, who is worth considering is the Abbe Arthur Mugnier. Here's Louis Auchincloss's The Abbé and the Great World.

No comments:

Post a Comment