Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I am hard-pressed for time ...

... today, as I was yesterday. So blogging will be light until later on. But i wanted to pass along this, which I got from Dave Lull: Hey, Jude: The King James Version's Obvious Superiority.
I believe the King James Bible should be mandatory reading in schools because it is impossible to arrive at an appreciation of English literature without knowledge of the Authorized Version. How else will you know where east of Eden is or why the sun also rises? Otherwise, you may think the grapes are wrath are just a bunch of angry California raisins.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, I love the Authorised version. The Song of Solomon -- such poetry! Such emotion!
    Of course I am of a generation that had to read this version at school, so it has endured for me. I certainly agree with the point Dave quotes, which I think pretty well defines the experience of reading anything, come to think of it. As I tell my children, when they are reading a book, they are truly free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant the first of the two quotes, sorry!

    ReplyDelete