Thursday, June 08, 2006

The day's must -read ...

... comes from the Grumpy Old Bookman: Which way the wind blows .

This came via Dave Lull, who notes that "the reference to the Zipf curve ... reminded me of an essay by the late Hugh Kenner." He sends along the Kenner essay as well: Neatness doesn't count after all - tidy vs. untidy desks .

I'm a moderate in this debate. I let my desk - and my home office - get messy while I'm working on something, but I regularly restore a modicum of order, because I don't like working amid clutter. So, while my work space is never exactly pristine, it's rarely a complete mess either. I'm a Libran. I like balance, the old meden agan.

1 comment:

  1. I think there will always be room for a good story teller. The novel will survive!

    With the advent of a more digital age it may also give rise to more novelists because publishers won't have to outlay huge sums of cash to print books.

    ReplyDelete