Sunday, June 04, 2006

That's it for blogging tonight ...

... I want to resume readin Richard Davenport-Hines's Proust at the Majestic. But I also want to mention that throughout this weekend I have been listening to the music of Francis Poulenc - the chamber music, the piano music, the choral music. If you are unfamilar with his music, you should make its acquaintance. The final movement of his Gloria - one of the last things he wrote - "Qui sedes ad dexteram patris," makes me at least feel genuinely sorry for my sins.

1 comment:

  1. RDH is a very interesting guy. Has written many a book review for Nature over the years. In fact, I could be wrong, but I think he began to write book reviews for us before he began to publish books himself -- maybe there is hope for me yet!

    ReplyDelete