Monday, January 29, 2007

I'm not sure ...

... what to make of this: Unfinished business. (Hat tip, Vikram Johri.)

Rachel Seiffert says, "It took me a while to work out why I was sad all the time, and then it occurred to me that if you begin each day getting up and talking about the Holocaust over breakfast with someone you've never met before, it's no surprise you feel low."

I suppose my problem is that thinking about the Holocaust and talking about it - while certainly sad - are so infinitely less sad than having experienced it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember a Peter Weiss play that was made up entirely from actual testimony at the Nuremberg trials and the details of the experiments performed on concentration camp inmates was unimaginably horrific. But my sense of horror must pale,obviously, in comparison to the actual hooror.

    ReplyDelete