Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Cordial disagreement ...

... Yesterday, Bryan discussed Climate Change Again. I posted a brief comment, along with a link. This has prompted Bryan today to discuss The Problem with Nige and Frank.

I didn't get the impression that Bryan had "dismissed with contempt" what I said. I thought he simply disagreed vehemently. And of course I do agree - as I'm sure Nige does as well - that we should treat the planet with reverence and humility. I do not see how that means I must subscribe to any apocalyptic theory, however.

By the way, for what it's worth, the record high temperature in Philadelphia for yesterday's date was 103 in 1918; the record low was 53 in 1957. I realize, of course, that weather and climate are not the same - unless, of course, you work for the UN.

1 comment: