Monday, November 05, 2007

Sleepless in Norfolk ...

... or maybe London. I'm not sure: On Insomnia.

Generally, for some unknown reason, I sleep the sleep of the blesssed. But every once in a while I have a bout of insomnia. I have always found that if I don't worry about it and do as Bryan has learned to do - namely, nothing - I doze off from time to time and nearly always wake up surprisingly refreshed. Of course, this could be further proof of my insouciant shallowness (is that redundant, I wonder).

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine someone with insomnia missing out on 'The Grand Inquisitor'. What's sleeplessness for if not to contemplate human nature? The more about Bryan I learn, the more mystified I become.

    -blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why we call him Bryan Appleyard. man of mystery.

    ReplyDelete