Saturday, September 13, 2008

Now, Canada Boasts Literary Rock Stars?

Puh-leeze . . . Say it ain't so, Rawi-Beau :( . . .

Rawi Hage, most recent recipient of the IMPAC Dublin Literary Award, "still fundamentally believes that the writer should live a solitary life . . . I wouldn't be surprised [if I] drop it all and still write without giving interviews."

Can't argue with that, can I? After thirteen years of dropping it all, I cannot think of one day I've missed either television or The Big Choke (Toronto) where I was born, its cultural outlets; its infighting inlets; or, BION, the id-fit snit-twit kid-jits who often spat on me, kicked me in one (or both) shins, or cussed a blue freak-streak in my direction because I didn't LOVE their mediocre "poetry." If Hage needs a pair of rooms in The Beautiful Downtown Middle of Elsewhere, I know a lovely set with gorgeous light available for rent. But, not if he's the yakkative type, pls/no tnx, no way, no Hage, no sirree . . .

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Judith, you have a way with words alright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe . . . better that than them having their way with me, er, wait a minute, that sounds kinda kinky; can I get back to you?

    J/kiddin'. Thank you; your comp means a lot, coming from a one such as tu.

    p.s. I suck at math; but, I've got a few years invested in this, given I started at eleven and will be fifty-six in November :)

    ReplyDelete