Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Odd of Small Things

So, why has Mr. Janzen spent the summer building an 80-square-foot "tiny house" out of free stuff he found on craigslist.com?

When I suggested this option to my X-IT all those starter-housing years ago, he hardy-har-hard; they call 'em Granny Flats* in Canada (and, I could have bought one outright for less than four grand, g-r-r . . .). Wait a minute, mebbe I'll winterise my workshop (which has a lovely loft) and rent my house that didn't sell (because the prospective buyers thought *it* was too small)? Wasn't it Groucho Marx who said, The problem with this world is there are too many people and too much stuff in it? (Okay, that coulda been me, especially in the morning, having spent too many of 'em with a surly riser.)

* Hrm . . . They oughtta call 'em Maw-in-Law Aparts [*BEG*] . . .

2 comments:

  1. "surly riser," oh, that's good. Judith, there's always so much THERE there in everything you write. Little hidden gems, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [*blush*]

    Thank you, Kiddo; coming from you, I can only return that comp with a "Ditto!"

    ReplyDelete