Thursday, December 18, 2008

Not Your Average Book Jacket

Well, I guess that depends upon who's between the s/leaves :). Maggie Reeves, however, is one of the world's greatest designers; and, long before Canada even considered the idea of having world-class designers grown right here at home, she was already proving we had at least one. I love her stuff. I remember seeing it in Chatelaine and drooling; I did actually find a lovely jumper she'd created in a second-hand store once and thought, Oh, okay, glad the owner doesn't know what's she giving away. Still have it; it's a deep green-blue hue, viridian, I think the colour's called; luscious, it is, too. (It makes me hungry when I wear it; I wanna eat salads!)

Anyway, I won't be wearing this jacket:


"McMaster University's Library has acquired a jacket dubbed 'the coat of many authors,'" writes David Graham in his lead towards describing said articular accessory (and, I don't s'pose one would be smokin' in such a sartorial item).
p.s. Frank! Lookit! The first sentence on this piece? It could've been written by you; I am so adopting your stylis/tics and tone! Oh, Lard, magpies R Us; and, you incorrige moi!

No comments:

Post a Comment