Saturday, February 14, 2009

Maybe ...

... Yes, we can — so we do.

I'm very selective when it comes to technology. Obviously, I am fond of the computer. But I don't have an iPod and am unlikely to get one. I have a Kindle. I think it's extremely useful for traveling or commuting. I also like it that I can get books I am somewhat interested in, but not interested in enough to pay the full price for, at a lower Kindle price. I don't have a cell phone, but my wife does. I have become accustomed to reading newspaper and magazine articles online.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:01 PM

    I agree that we have to be selective about technology. Technology seems to put so many things within our grasp instantly, and allows us to stack up our "to do" lists very quickly - look at cable/satellite TV as well as all the millions of words poured out over the internet every day, and that's not to mention computer games and lots of other similar time-consuming activities.

    The trick is to both be selective and to use the technology to enable you to focus on the things that interest or reward you the most. (At the same time, keeping a bit open minded about trying just a few things.)

    ReplyDelete