Wednesday, November 04, 2009

In this corner ...

... Exclusive: Ray Comfort Defends His Creationist Edition of 'On the Origin of Species'. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

I like the idea of having these guys debate. I doubt if either will convince the other of much, nor sway the views of many others. It would be nice if both would spend some time clearly defining their terms. Is everyone who believes in God a creationist? I don't consider myself a creationist. I doubt if John Polkinghorne considers himself one, either. I don't see how the notion of evolving life precludes the notion of divine providence. Darwin himself seems to have followed the Pauline injunction to "think on these things" throughout his life. Using the Bible to beat up on Darwin seems to me a fool's errand, as does using The Origin of Species to beat up on believers.

No comments:

Post a Comment