Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Last night ...

Yesterday, I only blogged in the morning and afternoon because I had to drop a book cover over at The Inquirer for a review I wrote yesterday morning, then I had a tai chi class, after which I met Debbie at the Sansom Street Oyster House before we headed out to University City to see Frank Sinatra Jr. put on a benefit concert for the St. Ignatius Nursing Home.
The concert was outstanding, with an especially good performance of "One for My Baby," which really is one of the great songs, a perfect match of supple tune and subtle lyrics. Sinatra Jr. was in good voice, funny, and the eight-piece ensemble that he brought with him was as good as they get. My guess is it was best musical event in the city last night. (We had the pleasure of meeting Bob - I forget his last name - the drummer, who really does play, if you can believe it, lyrically.

No comments:

Post a Comment