Thursday, March 19, 2015

Bruce Springsteen's books!

From an Interview in the NYT about the books he's read:
...If you had to name one book that made you who you are today, what would it be?
One would be difficult, but the short stories of Flannery O’Connor landed hard on me. You could feel within them the unknowability of God, the intangible mysteries of life that confounded her characters, and which I find by my side every day. They contained the dark Gothicness of my childhood and yet made me feel fortunate to sit at the center of this swirling black puzzle, stars reeling overhead, the earth barely beneath us.
And even though Frank doesn't necessarily think Bruce is first level, this list does reveal some good reading...on the other hand, I'm so cynical these days maybe it's all from a publicist.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought I would read Flannery O'Connor and Bruce Springsteen in the same sentence. Wow!

    ReplyDelete