Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A new magazine …

The other day, I got in the mail a copy of a new magazine called Creativ. I was rather impressed by it. I only see magazines these days when I'm sitting in a waiting room. They seem like relics of a bygone era. But Creativ didn't strike me that way at all. It seemed like the perfect print accompaniment for this digital age. It's glossy, with more images than text. But the images are genuinely striking, and the texts as long as they need to be, a mere paragraph in the case of that accompanying oil-on-panel painter Jeremy Mann's depiction of a downtown San Francisco night. I don't want to spoil anything, but there's a bit of origami featured (also accompanied by a single paragraph) that is really amazing, and also some of the best animal portraits ever. It isn't all pictures, though. Economist Bjørn Lonborg has an intriguing piece called "Make the World's Poor $500 Billion Richer."
Creativ goes on sale May 1. I hope it takes the place of those other magazines in those waiting rooms.
You can read more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment