Monday, July 24, 2006

Vacation days (I) ...





I shall have more to say of our trip by and by - there is so much to do when you get back from one, have you noticed (I even had an appointment with the chiropractor) - but for now let me just say that we did a good deal of gallivanting around this time. An especially good time was had at Lake Carey, about 10 miles north of Tunkhannock, where Betsy Green, of Lizza Studios, invited us for a visit with her family. Here are some shots. Lake Carey is the second largest natural lake in Pennsylvania and Betsy's family has a place there for more than a century. She, however, lives on Lake Harvey, about 40 minutes south, the largest natural lake in Pennsylvania. I forgot the story about the gingerbread house, but will call Betsy and get the details.

1 comment:

  1. Frank,

    It's so good to have you back. You're the best. Your energy and instincts are great, and you've got it going.

    Your pictures make me wish I were there where you went. But I'm holding on until next month when I go to Oslo and Lofoten with great and special friends who write poetry, in my first time across the pond.

    Yours,
    Rus

    ReplyDelete