Thursday, February 15, 2007

Let's start the day ...

... with me! Here's my piece on J. Peder Zane's The Top Ten: Author, author! Ten times over. The print version of this, I believe, includes my own Top 10 list. But this does not seem to have made it online. So here it is:



Frank Wilson’s Top 10

Essays by Michel de Montaigne
Four Quartets by T.S. Eliot
Collected Poems by Wallace Stevens
Works and Days by Hesiod
Autobiography by John Cowper Powys
The Duino Elegies by Rainer Maria Rilke
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
Seven Gothic Tales by Isak Dinesen
Le grand Meaulnes by Alain-Fournier
Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
Update: Cathy Dononvan, of the Communications Department of Rutgers University Camden, emails me that Rutgers-Camden's "graduate English program requires its students to pass a comprehensive exam where they must identify passages from works deemed most notable in the time periods that they chose to study." She also sends along the reading list .

1 comment: