Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Measurement and forecasting ...

... A Scientist, His Work and a Climate Reckoning. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

The presumption throughout this article is that an increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide necessarily results in an increase in temperature. This has been called global warming. All of which is fine, except that the global average temperature has been stable for the past several years while -- according to the article -- the atmospheric CO2 level has continued to increase. Also, if CO2 causes the temperature to rise, I don't see how it can be made to account for current chilly temperatures. Remember, I am agnostic on this issue. I do not see that a conclusive case has been made either way. But I do think there are sound reasons to doubt some of the logic employed by the AGW advocates (don't identify weather with climate -- except when the weather seems to support AGW, for instance). Anyway, I've posted plenty of stuff questioning AGW. Seems only fair to post this as well.

I link. You decide for yourself. In the meantime, here's something I posted a link to a while back: The Super La Nina and the Coming Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment