Sunday, June 26, 2011

Good for what ails you ...

I have been lying in bed nursing this bloody cold or whatever that I have contracted and to stave off boredom read Don Wentworth's Past All Traps (more regarding which here).

It is a refreshing gathering of concentration, informed throughout by the true spirit of haiku. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, so I will only cite two that I especially liked:

The life of the mind
will be the death
of us all

and:

Pinching the bridge
of my glasses
for cleaning --
my father's
fingers

4 comments:

  1. Get better soon Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank: Man, this sounds like a nasty one. Please rest and get well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent haiku, especially the second. An experience I've had.

    I got home from surgery yesterday, so we can sheer each other on at the moment. Consider yourself cheered on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frank:

    Very, very kind of you to share. Thanks. I'm so very glad you liked it. Hoping that you turn the corner on this cold.

    best,
    Don

    ReplyDelete