Thursday, October 27, 2011

In case you wondered ...

... Loan Plan Scores Political Points but Offers Limited Relief - Government - The Chronicle of Higher Education.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't link to something like this, but this seems so patently dishonest. See also this, from The Atlantic of all places: Obama's Student-Loan Order Saves the Average Grad Less Than $10 a Month.
Please remember, folks, I link, you decide. I figure that people who visit this blog can think for themselves. Share you thoughts, but don't assume you know what my positon is regarding all this. This is simply one factor in  the equation. What bothers me is the duplicity. (Oh, and doe sthe other side engage in duplicity? Of course. That does not excuse this duplicity.)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's duplicity or if it's spin. I saw a commentator from the Chronicle of Higher Ed on TV last night who stated things more positively. It makes one wonder who has an axe to grind, and what axe, based on how they interpret things. What I got from was the for new loans there would a lower payment expected, which is calculated a percentage of disposable income, and that loans would be forgiven sooner than under the old plan.

    So maybe it's a matter of small degrees, but maybe also a matter of how it's presented.

    I always try to remember to Consider The Source, when it comes to interpretations. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, one reason I linked to these is that neither is among the usual suspects who might argue this.

    ReplyDelete