Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"...maker of all things visible and invisible..."


I fell over, as I walked the dogs this morning, while saying the Nicene Creed, fell over right over off the path in the picture, because I realized I was in the middle of this creation, of the all things visible and invisible, the trees and sun and clouds and grasses, the birds that were now beginning to wake and chirp, and the noise of the wind too, that blew through the trees and branches and leaves, making them move and dance, and the dogs and the dirt, the things in the dirt and holding the dirt together, and every other thing too, and me, and I just fell over, my legs wouldn’t hold me up, because they had gotten too weak to hold me up in the face of this overwhelming Power.

“Yes I did,” I heard the affirmation, and I sat a bit, took this picture and gathered myself and got up, for I had been knocked flat by the Glory of the Lord.

I then walked more, down the path and realized the bigger part of this, the hard part, is that I was created too for this moment and now to spread the Good News to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment