Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Plus two questions …

 The Simple Art of Murder: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, the ultimate crime writer, and every book-addicted reader's race-against-time endgame and "bucket list" dilemma.

My favorite Shakespeare play is The Tempest, but the one I know best is Much Ado About Nothing, for the simple reason that I was the prompter for an entire weekend run of it once.

As for what I might regret on my deathbed, probably nothing. I never bother with regrets.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Frank, for including the link and your answers; however, I believe we all have regrets (even if they are not part of our consciousness). Without errors and regrets, we can never learn and move forward in life. But perhaps my approach to such things is far too simple. BTW, my favorite Shakespeare will be revealed in future postings. My involvement in a production of _A Midsummer Night's Dream_ (design and acting [Egeus]) and my attendance at Richard Burton's _Hamlet_ and my classroom teaching successes with certain plays influence my preferences. But my real preference is . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you're right about errors, Tim. I've certainly committed more than my share of those. I can wish I had done otherwise, but to what point? What's done is done. Non, je ne regret rien.
    The greatest performance of Shakespeare that I have seen was Paul Scofield in King Lear.

    ReplyDelete