Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Six degrees of difference....

How highly religious Americans’ lives are different from others...Pew Research Center set out to explore this topic from a number of different angles in a new report that is part of our U.S. Religious Landscape Study. Here are three areas where the highly religious – defined in this study as the 30% of U.S. adults who say they pray daily and attend religious services at least once a week – are different from the remaining 70% of the population, and three areas where they are not: 
The same poll suggested that weekly worshippers (regardless of race or gender) were pretty sceptical about both candidates: 59% had an unfavourable view of Mrs Clinton, and 67% felt the same way about her rival. At the same time, the feelings of those who “seldom or never” went to church were rather similar; 59% had a unfavourable opinion of Mrs Clinton and 72% of Mr Trump. So by recent standards, levels of piety were making remarkably little difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment