Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Not a bad idea …

TRY THIS. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

Sister Maria D. Jackson, assigned to Our Lady of Pompeii, where my paternal grandparents were married in 1929, was a stranger to me. But my mind was on that childhood picture of the Devil, and I was anxious to start balancing the ledger of my actions. As we went from house to house, I was candid about the behavior that had brought me to her and took pains to let her know that the marriage had never been violent. Just a boatload of selfishness for which I wanted a do-over, itself a form of selfishness.

She reached into a pocket of her black skirts, took out a Rosary, and handed it to me.

“Here,” she said. “Try this.”

The Rosay seems to work for me. I say it every night at bedtrime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment