Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Kaavya Viswanathan ...

... has a champion. Bill Poser offers this In Defense of Kaavya Viswanathan. (Hat tip, the always honorable Dave Lull.)

Update: Here's another piece in the Harvard Independent (I think this is the piece David Thayer referred me to): Inside 17th Street Productions.

As for me, I haven't looked at it in enough detail to have formed an opinion. I do think the TA was a more than a little out of line. I was once a TA. The job is to help students learn how to write reasonably well. The job is doable.

1 comment:

  1. Did you notice that the Bill Poser link on Language Log is in response to Geoff Pullum, on the same blog (Language Log)? Geoff's posting demonstrated the almost completely certain probability that the words repeated by this author could not have arisen by chance.

    ReplyDelete