Sunday, June 11, 2006

Here is a curious site ...

... I came upon last night: Strephon Kaplan-Williams Books. Strephon Kaplan-Williams is the son of poets Gene Derwood and Oscar Williams. Williams put together one of the seminal anthologies of my life: The Pocket Book of Modern Verse. That book introduced me - and a lot of other people - to poets we otherwise might never have known about. All of the people who visit this blog and are interested in poetry ought to visit this site and look around and post some comments. I plan to.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:32 AM

    Frank, I am glad you found our site. I have been researching and developing the material around my father and mother, Oscar Williams and Gene Derwood, and the literary scene in New York of their time, for a few years now. Much already written for a memoir, but no agent or publisher yet. In the meanwhile I put up a lot of material with commentary for all poetry lovers who value my father's anthologies, as I do. What was the man like? Ha! Much literary love! Strephon

    ReplyDelete