Wednesday, August 09, 2006

This is wonderful ...

... The Politics of Alcohol. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

"Perhaps the problem is that nobody really knows what left or right opinions are any more." Exactly.

I think I know something about drinking, having done it on a heroic scale for upwards of 30 years (until a serious lapse of memory led me to give it up). Grand theories derived from drunken outbursts are invariably twaddle. My drinking buddies and I used to have a rule that you simply didn't bring up the next day the outrageous things said the night before. It was understood that they were what they were - drunken ravings, the mind gone berserk - and should be forgotten as quickly as possible. If I am convinced of anything it is that there is no veritas in vino.

No comments:

Post a Comment