Saturday, January 06, 2007

You know I agree ...

... A threnody: books and arts coverage. (Hat tip, Dave Lull, without whom I would be hopelessly out of touch. I can't believe I hadn't added Jerome Weeks's blog to the blogroll. It's there now.)

I may have mentioned this before, but it is worth bringing up again in connection with what Jerome says in this post. In 1959, Philadelphia's classical music station at the time, WFLN, celebrated its 10th anniversary. That year they also had a marketing survey done. Now WFLN had a good loyal audience, but it was nowhere near as large as the rock stations'. What the marketing survey revealed, however, is that WFLN's audience accounted for one-third of the buying power of the entire Philadelphia region. This meant, of course, that the station attracted plenty of premium advertising. It is something newspapers might think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment