Thursday, June 11, 2009

As you can see ...

... our little blogging experiment is under way. You will be hearing from more voices than mine, often commenting on the same events. The idea is that you will get thereby a better sense of what it is like to be here than you would if all that you had to go on is what I said. There will soon be some visdeos posted and some photos - it's a gray day today, so I'm hoping for sunnier weather tomorrow - and better pics.

Feel free to comment and ask questions.

1 comment:

  1. I'll start with saying that this is a great idea, and I'm glad you're doing it. Do please continue!

    I'll add that I'm not enamored with Hall. The first time I heard him read was when he was at Michigan and I was in grade school in Ann Arbor. He came into the schools and did readings and taught a poetry class. He came into my 3rd grade class and did a reading, and talked about poetry. To me at that time he seemed condescending, a bit oafish (not really a common man but trying really hard to make everyone believe he was), and paradoxically standoffish for all his "hail fellow well met" veneer. My opinion of him, following his career, hasn't really changed. Some really good poems; and a lot of post-Frost sentimentality, too.

    (Now, Hayden Carruth, there was a common man poet one could rub up against and set off sparks!)

    ReplyDelete