Monday, July 10, 2006

Hello, Frankophiles

John Brumfield here filling in for the vacationing Frank Wilson. To paraphrase the late Senator Lloyd Bentsen, I have served here at The Philadelphia Inquirer with Frank Wilson, I know Frank Wilson, Frank Wilson is a friend of mine. Reader, I am no Frank Wilson! So, if we can all lower our expectations just a bit -- and really, how hard can that be with all this humidity? -- I think we'll get along just fine. I'm not as prolific as Frank, as I'm in the middle of trying to set up new news bureaus in Washington, D.C. and Jerusalem so my plate is a bit full presently. I'll be relying quite a bit on Frank's Irregulars to help me keep you blogologically current.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome, John, you will do just great...er.. as long as we can find some links for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,

    Good to meet you, and I appreciate what you're doing.

    If I come across something to pass along for you to look at, where should I send it?

    Yours,
    Rus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:11 PM

    Frank? Hello, Frank? What? No Frank? John??? Hello, John? But I always send Frank an email notice when my latest post is up so he can drop by. Now what? Hum. Okay. Here's the title:

    "Did Lauren Weisberger Betray Anna Wintour by Writing The Devil Wears Prada or Did a Demanding and Difficult Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Deserve a Tall Latte in the Face."

    I miss Frank!

    Lynne AKA The Wicked Witch of Publishing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez Louise...now ai gotta' go lookin' for links...can't have you falling down on the job!

    LOL...I'd like to hear about the Jerusalem news office your setting up!

    ReplyDelete