Sunday, December 10, 2006

The problem with newspapers ...

... condensed into a sentence (which, admittedly, does not even make mention of them, but is still, I think, applicable to them): "The boomers, naturally, think they are in touch with youth, which is probably why all marketing, PR and almost all advertising is like watching your dad trying to get down and boogie or make a pass at your girlfriend."
From Bryan Appleyard's A bunch of old softies.

None of this applies to me, of course. I arrived five years earlier than the first of the Boomers - though I remember their arrival. They were different from the start. (Don't know why Bywater would bring Rumsfeld into it. He's even older than I am.)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, and Rumsfeld probably never got down and boogied, either!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I certainly did that. I am a first-generation rock 'n' roller. Indeed, I have frequently referred here to "Frank's wilder years."

    ReplyDelete