Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Well, she's honest ...

... and I think she has the true scientific spirit: SOLO SCIENCE: TINKERING OUTSIDE THE TOWER. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

I remember coming upon an article of hers - I may even have linked to it - in which she seemed to advance an ontological proof for the existence of memes, which I found unpersuasive. And it may be me, but what's the big deal about memory being stored in the brain? Documents are stored in file cabinets. The nature of the file cabinet has nothing to do with the content of the documents. Neither does the brain determine the nature or the content of memory. What is being recorded and stored in both instances is thought, but the recording and the storage are separate and distinct from the thought being recorded and stored.

No comments:

Post a Comment