Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Shock and awe …

 Using the Aphorism to Challenge Liberalism | Crisis Magazine. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)


 A veteran professor of history at a Catholic university notes that
despite their terror concerning grades in my courses, almost all of my students completely ignore the pro-Catholic, record-straight-setting information I give them, and recite the dominant errors and mantras aimed against the Faith on tests. As far as I can determine, this is in no way due to deeply-rooted conviction on their part. Rather, it merely indicates the power of the propaganda fed them from practically every social channel since early youth. They simply cannot expel the erroneous and hostile words from their heads.
What's with it with kids these days? When I was in college, we didn't sit and let ourselves be spoon-fed whatever notions the professor was serving up. We wanted him to demonstrate to our satisfaction that those notions were sound, intellectual nutrition. In most cases the professors could do precisely that — at least at my college.

No comments:

Post a Comment