Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Attention, philly-area poets …

Poet Leonard Gotarek forwarded to me the following email, which he said I could post here. 

Our friend Hila Ratzabi is looking for collaborators for an ecopoetry
 Philly Poetry Day reading. Here's her message:

 Hi Philly poets!

 I have an idea for a Philly Poetry Day event, and I would love to find
 some poets who want to join me in making this happen. I love the idea of
 bringing poetry to locations that don't normally have poetry events, and I
 was thinking about organizing a poetry reading near the recent crude oil
 train derailment site. Perhaps over the Schuylkill Bridge? It would be
 powerful to read poems near where this happened and draw attention to the
 degradation of the environment worldwide. It would be great to have the
 event in a location that is visible and public, where passersby will be
 able to stop and see what's happening and encounter poetry. I'm in Vermont
 till the end of March, so I can't actually run over there and scout out a
 specific location, but if this is something you feel passionate about and
 want to help organize I'd love to talk to you!



So... please email me at hila.ratzabi@gmail.com  if any of these apply to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment