Friday, November 25, 2005

Missing in action ...

I spent most of Wednesday and yesterday cooking, and today I was one of only two assigning editors in the features department of The Inquirer. It was a fairly busy day and a fairly long one -- 9 a.m to 8 p.m. But my desk is back in order, and so, to a large extent, is the book room. Two bins of mail are yet to be opened, but we are making progress.
In any event, no serious blogging tonight, though I do want to note something I should have yesterday: On Nov. 24, 1990, Dodie Smith died, age 94, in Doylestown, Pa. In case the name doesn't register, Dorothy Gladys Smith, born in Lancashire, England, on May 3, 1896, was the author of The Hundred and One Dalmatians.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew that was a book! I thought it was a Disney original. Huh.

    ReplyDelete