Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nice appreciation ...

... of George Carlin by Mike Schaffer: Comic had 'heart of a rebel'.

"I really don't have a stake in any of this," he said. "I'm not a cheerleader for a certain outcome. Most liberals who despair of the current state of things, most of them think there's a solution and so they're naturally disappointed. It's built into their thinking system.

"I know there's no solution, so I just enjoy what's here and I enjoy the journey."

I knew there was a reason why I liked Carlin - and am not a liberal.

Nige has corollary evidence: Don't You Know There's A Crusade On? and International Law in Action.

Mr Johnson said he had obtained Mr Aziz's case a few days after the Americans had captured Baghdad, claiming the circumstances were "so morally ambiguous that I cannot quite think of it as theft".

Now that's an honest politician.

No comments:

Post a Comment