Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Another, probably premature, obituary …

… “R.I.P. The Blog, 1997-2013″ � The Dish. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

For New Year's Eve dinner, I made a cassoulet, the beans garnished with wild boar, duck, and a cotechino sausage. I once wrote about cassoulet that there are probably as many recipes as there are people who cook the dish. The same can be said of blogs and blogging. They are at once public and private. They will develop in all sorts of way, just like individuals. "A world of made / is not a world of born," declared e. e. cummings. Blogs and blogging are a world a-borning. 

1 comment:

  1. FYI, college students in my recent years have regarded blogging as one of those old-fart activities, something their parents and grandparents do in their spare time. Perhaps they are right. I proudly claim the title. Long live the blog! Long live the old-farts!

    ReplyDelete