Sunday, April 29, 2007

Rounded by a sleep ..

... Death and Glass.

I realized, while I was reading Bryan's excellent book, How to Live Forever or Die Trying, that I was, regarding the current quest for immortality - or, more precisely, an indefinite lifespan on earth - completely old-fashioned. I don't want to live indefinitely. I'm not sure I would want to even if I had optimum health and at least a modicum of youth. Aesthetically, it seems to me, there has to be an end to the story. As for having my body preserved in some way or another, I'm content to have my ashes scattered in my garden.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:53 AM

    "As for having my body preserved in some way or another, I'm content to have my ashes scattered in my garden."

    ah finally some common sense I've had enough of the "fired from a cannon" or "shot into space" variety lately!

    ReplyDelete