Monday, October 20, 2008

Triumphalism ...

... The Aliens Are Here.

I've always found the term Unidentified Flying Object intriguing. I presume that we have all, at some time or other, seen objects flying that we could not quite identify. But the person who talks of UFOs usually doesn't think they're unidentified at all, since the term is ordinarily used to refer to what is assumed to be an extraterrestrial aircraft. I have no problem with mysterious atmospheric phenomena, but I prefer that we not leap to conclusions about them.
That said, Bryan's book sounds terrific.

1 comment:

  1. True story: I heard about a man who called the Air Force to report the sighting of a UFO.

    He knew it was a UFO because he said that painted on the side of the craft was "UFO."

    Paul Davis
    daviswrite@aol.com

    ReplyDelete