Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What was once ...

... and what's to come: The Future of Book Coverage, Part I: R.I.P., NYT? (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

With its privileging of print, the NYTBR has tended to assign books to authors rather than to critics; if the NBCC is to be believed, however, there's now a great untapped pool of the latter out there, just waiting for the next call to arms.
I have a warm spot in my heart for readers as reviewers. There are passionate, common readers who are quite capable of providing a lucid, insightful account of their reading experience.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to second this suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always regret not trying my hand at reviewing while you were the Inq book editor and would be there to guide me to some sort of respectability.

    ReplyDelete