Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Maybe …

 A Cure for Government Incompetence | City Journal. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

As the Delta variant reminds us, it is too early to declare victory over the virus; there may yet be unpleasant surprises. A neighbor, overweight and over 80, has refused vaccination on the grounds that, having isolated himself, he sees no one who might infect him with the virus, that his diet is healthy, that the vaccine might not be effective against new variants (whose emergence, he believes, it might encourage), and that the long-term effects of the vaccines are unknown. No one, he says, can be certain how long the immunity that the vaccines induce lasts. And there will be other viruses, apart from the Covid variants.

I’m with his neighbor. I’m surprised that Dalrymple, who is a physician, is not more concerned that none of these vaccines has undergone the trials usually mandated for vaccines. He seems more concerned that the population servilely follow whatever the government dictates (disguised somewhat as praise for government efficiency).And what about people like Jesse Jackson who got ill from despite having the full cycle of vaccine? 

The pandemic is now more than a year old. I am on the cusp of 80. I have commonsense and courteous precautions. I have not curtailed my activity in any way. I was tested just a couple of weeks ago. I tested negative. Sure, I could still get it. I might even die from. I’m going to die of something. But fear of death is not the same as love of life. I’ll take my chances. As a free individual I have that right.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment