Monday, January 31, 2022

A fresh look at Tinseltown …

“The genius of place”: Boris Dralyuk’s debut poetry collection “My Hollywood”. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

My Hollywood features appearances by such cultural heavyweights as Thomas Mann, Laura and Aldous Huxley, and Arnold Schoenberg,” says L.A. poet Timothy Steele. “But Dralyuk also treats us to tours of now vanished landmarks of L.A. like the Garden of Allah hotel and the Bargain Circus discount barn; and he chronicles the careers of some of the many entertaining misfits, including a ne’er-do-well uncle of Isaac Babel, who have passed through Southern California on their earthly pilgrimage. Dralyuk is as well a lively technician—a clever rhymer who is particularly deft at sonnets. Anyone interested in fine verse and Los Angeles will relish this book.”

1 comment:

  1. Being an Indie author means you need to be a multi-tasker. I write my books and initially edited them also. I learnt to design decent covers and also some marketing basics. But, gathering reviews was very time consuming and draining. After being rejected by a number of bloggers who just put my book in their waitlist, I was referred to https://usbookreviews.com by a friend. They help me with gathering reviews for my book and also a boost to my marketing efforts with their complimentary ebook promotion. I am slowly building an audience who likes to read my books and feel like I made the right decision becoming an Indie author.

    ReplyDelete