Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Blogging and enlightenment ...

... or, The blogosphere as a practice.

I once was flamed for something I had written that a particular blogging community took umbrage to. I spent the greater part of a day answering irate emails. As I have pointed out here before, such communications for some reason excite no affect in me. So I never answer in kind (I can, after repeated, futile exchanges, grow impatient and simply stop answering). Late that afternoon, the flaming stopped after one the of my emailers pointed out to his colleagues that I had in fact patiently and without rancor responded to everyone, often more than once, and that, while he didn't agree with me, he had to respect that. I wouldn't want to go through that again, but it was an interesting and rather reassuring experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment