Thursday, June 05, 2008

Populatrion explosion ...

... Gulls - What Would Hudson Say?

When I was a kid, living not far from the Delaware, where my brother and I would sometimes go fishing, you never saw gulls along the river. There were birds you saw when you went, as we say around here, down the shore. Now they're everywhere. The fast food restaurants have been a boon to them. Even when I lived in Abington, which is nowhere near the river I would see them in shopping mall near my apartment. Of course, I don't live that far the river now, and they regularly patronize the Italian Market. But then, so do crows, which commute from outside the city.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:48 AM

    Hi there,

    Please read my comment on the Novalis post on May 30, 2007. I came across your post on a search for Novalis poems. Thank you so much.

    K

    ReplyDelete