Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gas bag alert ...

... A Chilling View of Warming. (Hat tip, Dave Lull.)

I have long thought Friedman to be an overrated huckster. But, like any good huckster, he knows who he's peddling to.

Friedman, a columnist for the New York Times, describes this threat in the grimmest of terms. We should expect disasters "of a biblical scale," humans are an "endangered species" and none of us "are going to make it."

Well, yeah, Tom. The death rate is constant: one per person.

Mr. Friedman is a smart guy, and he has interviewed a lot of interesting people for "Hot, Flat, and Crowded." The problem is that they are essentially all on the same side of the issue.

It's called tendentious.

Oh, and just do I can be spared unnecessary comments: I am agnostic regarding "global warming." I think the evidence is inconsistent and contradictory. But don't take my word for it. Check out Climate Debate Daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment