Friday, June 16, 2006

Time to give credit ...

... where credit is due. Someone wondered recently in a comment on a post here about how I could do so much blogging and do my job. Well, there are a number of factors, not the least of which is knowing how to discipline my time. I like to do some blogging while having my coffee shortly after arriving in the office around 8:30. I also find that it's a nice change of pace during the day - a kind of mental palate cleanser. Also years and years of scanning the wires has left me adept at spotting interesting items.
That said, though, the really decisive factor is a lot of help from my online friends, whom I have referred to from time to time as my Broad Street Irregulars (a la Sherlock Holmes's Baker Street Irregulars). There is, of course, the indefatigable Dave Lull, and the astounding Maxine Clarke of Petrona, and Vikram Johri of patrakaar2b (who has been posting some very interesting stories that I recommend you look at), and Rus Bowden of Poetry & Poets in Rags, and the irrepressible Bonnie Calhoun at Bonnie Writes. I am sure I have missed some. But to all I extend a sincere thank you.
I would add, by the way, that this is an aspect of blogging - often taken for granted by those who blog and altogether oerlooked by the MSM - that accounts for much of its power.

3 comments:

  1. Frank, I'm furiously jotting down notes of what you've just posted! For the next couple of days, at least, I will be a blogger AND a book reviewer, in addition to my 'day job.'

    A fellow blogger, who gets some review copies of books from Hatchette Book Group, has given me a copy of "Agincourt: Henry V and the Battle That Made England," by Juliet Barker. He admitted he's not a fan of historical non-fiction, and asked me to take it on.

    Fortunately, I am - just for the moment, at least - between books. Otherwise, I might have to cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of overtime! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the shout out...although I am no where near as prolific as Maxine! :-) Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank, you make me blush! And Bonnie you are too kind.
    Bonnie -- your blog is lovely, so warm and funny, you lift my day with your jokes.
    My blogging is very good for my soul, but I only have time to do a little bit every evening, which is why I bombard Frank with shiny things from my magpie-like flights through the blogosphere.
    Frank: thank you so much, I discovered your blog the day I first signed up with Bloglines last December, when I was curious to see for myself all this "blogging" that everyone was talking about -- and keyed in "books" into their search engine, and I think it fair to say that my life changed that day. I don't exaggerate, the Army of Davids concept has completely changed the way I perceive life.
    All my best, and thank you again,
    Maxine.

    ReplyDelete