Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I didn't believe ...

... it would be possible for the movie of The Da Vinci Code to be worse than the book. I said so right here. Boy was I ever wrong! The screening I just attended will rank forever among the most tedious two-and-a-half hours I have ever endured. The book at least moved at a mercifully brisk clip. The movie is slow, talky, and long. The colleague I attended it with, asked afterward how she felt, replied, "Older." Me too.

Update: Here is Inquirer film critic Steve Rea's review of the film: Da Vinci wouldn't want his name on this 'Code' . I sort of wish Steven hadn't let on about the Dewey Decimal System, but I think even Dave Lull will concede that it was bound to come out sooner or later.

1 comment:

  1. Can't remember if you already linked to the Geoffrey Chaucer blog on DVC, Frank, but if not, the posting there will cheer you up.
    all best
    Maxine.

    ReplyDelete