Tuesday, July 07, 2009

BITE's new look ...

I have received a number of compliments on this blog's recent makeover. The compliments, however, should not be directed to me, but rather to a very bright young lady named Laura Mikowychok, whom I met at the West Chester University Poetry Conference and who helped me and Carrie Keesey with the videos. Laura - brave girl - is actually teaching me how to do things that I hope will improve this site, such as podcasts and videos. (I figure if I have to learn this stuff I may as well have an attractive young woman as my tutor.)
At any rate, the current design is entirely Laura's doing. I was really taken with it when she sent me a picture of it Sunday night. It is is precisely what I was hoping for. You'll be hearing more about Laura here as I make progress in becoming a geratric geek.

6 comments:

  1. Now you've done it! You've consummated the perfect marriage of form and substance: the new format (and especially the exquisite banner) is superb, which comfortably conforms to the always superior content of the blog postings. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never too late to become a geek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, I wonder, would Nabokov say about the geriatric geek and the attractive young female tutor? Might he be inspired (were he still around) to write a sequel to or homage to his own LOLITA? Worth think about, eh?

    The foregoing, I must hasten to add, is offered neither viciously nor jealously but merely, with tongue in cheek, humorously and pleasantly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonathan4:28 PM

    I'm just glad the yellow's gone :) Otherwise, the makeover looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to Laura, and I'm with R.T.: the banner is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete