Monday, April 17, 2006

The joy of gardening ...

I live right in the city, in South Philly, off the Italian Market, and my garden is a tiny postage stanp patio garden. But it's large enough to raise a good supply of herbs ( I like to cook) and a fair share of flowers. As I realized once again over the weekend, even a tiny garden takes a good bit of time and effort to be readied for the season.
Amy Nelson-Mile emails that it's still a little too early to garden in Saskatchewan. But at Books, Words, And Writing, her post Gardens and Writers links to a fabulous site. Amy also sends along this link to some virtual gardens.
Toward the end of his life, Henry Miller wrote that if he had his life over again he would have become a gardener. Had my circumstances been only slightly different, that's exactly what I would have become. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment